Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dollar Tree Maybellines

So last fall I amassed a large collection of Dollar Tree Maybelline polishes. I think I wiped out three different stores! LOL. So I'd like to swatch some of my favorites for you....

This is Maybelline Express Finish in Lava Red; one of my favorites out of the bunch and once you see this baby layered over black you'll know why! The bottle color is a bright almost pinkish red with golden swirls.



But when layered over black (one coat over WnW Black Creme), it comes alive. You can click the image to enlarge. The flecks in it flash gold and red, it's amazing. It reminds me of fall leaves :) I'm a sucker for a good deep red color!!



The 2nd swatch is another Express Finish (gold cap) called Spirited Sparkle. The bottle color is a light pink glittery base with larger purple glitter particles.


Here it is layered over black (1 coat over WnW Black Creme). It has large purple square glitter with silver micro glitter in the base. Very pretty.



Hope you liked them! I have a ton more Maybellines that I'll be swatching soon.

4 comments:

  1. wow!!!! - I have never seen these before - they are gorgeous overblack!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad you like them! I wasn't sure how the red one would look over black, but I'm glad I tried it. On it's own, it's not as impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, those are both gorgeous, and like Deez Nails, I've never seen either one (and I have a huge Maybelline collection).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Karen 8-) I guess I was lucky to find them!

    ReplyDelete