Saturday, August 27, 2011

China Glaze Fortune Teller + Starshine franken

Starshine, you used to be silver, love light love affair, you used to make me shiver........ah, but I'm getting ahead of myself.


First off, I couldn't wait to any longer to use a Halloween background. I know it's early, but I'm just feeling the season lately. I promise I'll wait until closer to October to full on decorate for Halloween. ha ha. But in that spirit, today's NOTD is Fortune Teller from China Glaze. FT was a Sally's exclusive color from a couple of years ago. This is such a brilliant color, a black base with regular and hex orange glitter mixed in. So appropite for the season and it's got a cool name too ♥



Here's a good view of the glitter, make sure to enlarge:


and finally, my holo topcoat franken that I've named Starshine. The recipe is easy, it's just SpectraFlair pigment mixed in clear nail polish. Unfortunately, it's not a great combo with Fortune Teller because it covers up the orange glitter. Still, you can see how cool it looks over black.


Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. I need to get one of that pigment badly!!! You have amazing swatches!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these both! The bottle in the first pic looks like snakeskin. heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fortune Teller looks awesome! Kind of reminds me of Ick-A-Body. I think that was the one from last year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alexisaurus: You should totally get some, it's fun and easy to work with (just wear gloves and a mask)

    @purplegreenpanda: how funny, i would never have thought of snakeskin ☺

    @Peach: I love Ick-A-Body too! I just grabbed Sally Hansen's Pumpkin Spice, wish is pretty similar, it's a black base with orange glitter. My favorite combo for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could buy Fortune Teller, but I didn't... Now that I see it on your nails I wish I did...

    ReplyDelete